1. DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
Youthscape will securely store your data and use it only for Youthscape’s mission and general administration. Through it we will periodically let you know of information and events and all that is happening in the life of Youthscape.
Your details will only be used by Youthscape and its agents and will not disclosed to third parties.
You can opt-out of Youthscape communications at any time - just let us know by logging into your account on the Youthscape website and unsubscribe from the relevant option(s) or by contacting email@example.com.
When you provide personal data to Youthscape you are trusting us with your information. We understand that this is a big responsibility and we have put this policy in place as we recognise the right of individuals to keep their personal information private.
3. DATA PROTECTION
This policy explains how Youthscape and its website comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) May 2018, and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.
There are governing principles that must be followed in relation to the processing of data about individuals including that data must be:
• Processed fairly and lawfully
• Obtained for one or more specific purposes
• Relevant and necessary
• Accurate and up to date
• Kept no longer than needed
• Processed in accordance with individual's rights
• Protected and kept securely
• Not transferred to places without adequate data protection rules
By providing your personal details you agree to allow Youthscape to contact you by mail, email, telephone or SMS text message in connection with its purpose and mission either on the basis of the consents you have given us or for reasons of legitimate interest in accordance with current data protection regulations.
4. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Youthscape may collect personal information any time you are in contact with us whether this is electronically, by paper, in person, over the phone, or on arrival at an event. For example, when you:
• Visit our website
• Sign up to volunteer or express interest in the work Youthscape undertakes
• Register for an event or conference
• Make an ‘identifable’ donation via our website, cheque, cash or electronic means
• Provide your contact details, in writing or orally, to Youthscape staff or volunteers
• Communicate with Youthscape by means such as email, letter, telephone
• Purchase goods or services via the Youthscape website
• Access Youthscape’s social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram
5. WHY WE HOLD DATA ABOUT YOU
• for contacting you to keep you informed of Youthscape’s activities and events
• for providing statistical analysis to refining marketing activity and evidence for grant applications
• to monitor trends in website traffic and specific areas of interest, attendance at events, product interest and purchases and to help us be more responsive to the needs of donors, customers and users.
6. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
• To keep you informed by email and/or text as to SSW events, products, articles of interest, job opportunities and general marketing information activities.
• To maintain accurate and up to date records of our employees, volunteers, donors, customers and users.
• To record and acknowledge any donations
• To answer an enquiry or request for further information about Youthscape, its services, activities and events
• To assist us to make Youthscape services and products more valuable to our donors, customers and users including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
• To keep you informed of new developments within the life of Youthscape
Your details will only be used by Youthscape and will not be disclosed to third parties for any other purpose without first seeking your consent, unless authorised or required by law.
7. WHAT DATA DO WE HOLD, WHERE DO WE STORE IT, AND WHO SEES IT?
We are committed to holding your personal information securely. Only Youthscape staff and authorised volunteers that need to see the data can access it.
We may store your information on computers (on hard drives, or use cloud-based storage), in paper form, or both.
All computers that store any personal data are password protected. Any paper files that hold personal information (other than names and contact details) are kept on secure premises in locked cupboards and filing cabinets.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations (2018).
Information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly Youthscape cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information. We will do our best to protect your personal data and will take security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
We do not sell or pass any of your personal information to any other organisations and/or individuals without your express consent, with the following exceptions:
We do not store (nor intend to store) credit or debit card numbers obtained through online transactions nor do we pass any financial information to third parties, except where we are legally required to do so (to assist fraud reduction and minimise credit risks)
If you are a Youthscape employee or volunteer, we may also hold certain categories of sensitive information such as personal financial details, age, gender, marital status, date of birth, full employment and educational history, references, medical and criminal records etc.
If you are a ‘service user’ we may collect and store sensitive personal information such as health information, religious information, attendance, outcomes etc. Unless required by law or for safeguarding purposes your personal information will be kept strictly confidential. It is never sold, given away, or otherwise shared with anyone
Your information will be held only for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.
8. KEEPING DETAILS UP TO DATE
If you have a website account please keep your contact and preference details up to date by making the necessary changes there. If you do not please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
You can unsubscribe from our regular emails or texts at any time by using the 'unsubscribe' or 'change preferences' links on communications you receive.
9. ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You can request access to the personal information that Youthscape holds about you by contacting FAO: the Youthscape Data Protection Officer, contact details below. We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request.
If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contact us. Youthscape will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you wish to have your personal information deleted please let us know and we will delete that information wherever practicable. (We may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of amendment, we will note with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.)
10. OUR WEBSITE(S)
Youthscape operates a main website (www.youthscape.co.uk) and occasionally associated sub-sites. Information that you provide through the websites may be recorded in different ways, and this policy describes Youthscape’s policy for handling that. By using this website you agree to this policy.
The information you provide is intended to be used in the context of the website and the activities Youthscape undertakes, and it’s not intended to be used outside that context. Information collected when using our website
Our website or email correspondence may sometimes include links to other websites. Links provided by Youthscape are for your convenience to provide further information. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own data and privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
12. SOCIAL MEDIA
Youthscape uses social media such as Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and YouTube. Users must verify authenticity of sites before posting or providing personal information on such sites.
Our website may provide social media buttons, permitting sharing our web content directly to a social media, platform. Use of such buttons is at your own risk. Unless it is material supplied or officially posted by Youthscape we do not endorse social media website(s) and have no responsibility for the content nor for the cookies they may contain. Youths cape never asks for passwords or personal details on social media.
Any documents or files made available to download from our website are provided at users own risk.
14. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
15. CONTACT DETAILS
- Telephone: 01582 877220
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Post: Youthscape, Bute Mills, 74 Bute St, Luton, LU1 2EY